Reading time: 1 minute
At Kyloe we have staff all across the globe: reaching from the US to Australia. This time we had Sarah Roddy who is based in Minneapolis (US) write an article about the five ways you can see if your career is awesome.
1. The people you work with are brilliant
Everyone can learn something from someone, and everyone has something to teach someone else. It is important that you feel inspired to participate in the sharing of knowledge at your organization – otherwise, aren’t you going to get bored?
2. You work on projects that are interesting and challenging
Sometimes projects are interesting but not particularly challenging, and sometimes projects are challenging but not necessarily interesting. Sometimes – but hopefully not too often – you might not be interested or challenged in what you’re doing, but ideally more often than not you should have at least one of the two.
3. You provide creative, collaborative and complex solutions
The best jobs at any level should allow to you flex your creativity and collaboration muscles to some extent.
4. You serve a purpose somewhere in the universe
Do you know that you are important and why you are important to your organization? Even if your idea or effort isn’t the one that gets used or celebrated, you should feel like a useful and celebrated member of your team. You should know that you are contributing to the success of the organization.
5. You are empowered to solve problems
If you don’t know whether you’re truly empowered at work, you’re probably not (but here is a nice article on how to tell, just in case). By the way, being empowered to be wrong is at least as important as being right.
Hopefully you can relate to all five of those questions about your career. If not, I am here to tell you that those types of careers ARE out there, and the companies that offer them do exist. I am lucky to work for one of them.
Why work for Kyloe?
- The people I work with are brilliant and inspire me to think differently.
- The projects we work on are both interesting and challenging. No two days are exactly the same.
- The solutions we provide are creative, collaborative and complex.
- The clients we work with are making a difference in the lives of others - all over the world.
- The empowerment to solve problems is real and rewarding.