Reading time: 2 minutes
As technology and reporting tools continue to evolve, our ability to track client and candidate behaviour becomes easier and easier. One of the key things that we’re learning from this improved tracking is that client and candidate experience has a lot to do with end behaviours; in fact, 78% of candidates who have had a positive experience said they would refer somebody in the future.
As such, many recruitment agencies are placing an increased importance on enhancing the experience, with 62% of companies seeing customer experience as a competitive differentiator. Despite the drive to improve experience, there’s a still a lot of work to do; only 1% of customers feel like their agencies are consistently meeting their expectations.
What is the client and candidate experience?
Some of the client and candidate experience will be as a result of direct interactions with your recruiters, but much of it will also be as an indirect result of your internal and external processes. Consider all of the touchpoints and client or candidate may have with your company – from how you list and maintain roles on your website, to how you carry out the job filling process – all of these combine to make the overall experience.
It’s important to note that experience isn’t ‘one size fits all’. It's worth taking the time to consider what the client or candidate wants and tailor the experience to them; for example, do they prefer to be communicated with via phone or SMS? By doing this, you’ll show an element of care, and build a relationship of trust.
How you can transform the experience
As a recruiter, the success of your business can depend on the relationships you nurture. In this fast-paced space, there are numerous other agencies for clients and candidates to partner with if the experience they’ve had with you is anything less than positive.
Some things to consider when reviewing customer experience:
- Are you tracking the things you want to improve? Without this, you won't be able to know if your efforts are giving the results you want.
- Are you recognising the individuality of your clients and candidates? Think about you can deliver a personalised experience that works for them.
- How technology can help you streamline and automate processes, for example, the implementation of e-signatures.
How electronic signatures can contribute to an improved experience
A quick turnaround is key in the recruitment industry - you don’t want your competition to place candidates before you do! Replacing the ‘send, print, sign, scan and return’ process, with an electronic signature (aka e-signature) solution, enables documents to be signed within seconds, anywhere and on any device, putting the focus onto the positive aspects of a new contract being signed. If you’re the client you’ve just made a placement, and if you’re a candidate you’ve just gotten a new job, with none of the stresses of trying to find a printer and scanner!
Other benefits of e-signature
- It's secure: e-signatures are fully traceable; they track important information such as the email address of the signer, their IP address and also timestamp the signature.
- It's a money saver: from resources to employee time; e-signatures allow you to cut costs of manual processes and services you needed to use to send documents securely.
- It's environmentally friendly: there is no need for paper or ink! If sustainability is important to you check out the DocuSign Green Score Calculator to see what you can save by going paperless.
How Kyloe can help you
Through AwesomeDocs with DocuSign for Bullhorn, you can automate the signing process. We can set up your account or link your current account, enabling you to create and send documents for signing without leaving Bullhorn. After sending a document for signature, you can track the status (enabling you to manage the individuals you require signatures from), and then watch as the signed versions automatically save back into the right place within Bullhorn.
Here are some WOW facts to get you thinking:
- Over 86% of DocuSign agreements are completed within one day, and 62% in one hour
- AwesomeDocs with DocuSign can send documents in 43 languages
- Over 870k documents have been generated using AwesomeDocs so far!
Find out more